The Sea Tow Foundation has appointed seven new marine industry stakeholders to serve on its North American Sober Skipper Advisory Council which was established in 2019. This new slate joins a dozen inaugural council members and will collaborate on a variety of strategies and tactics to promote greater awareness and adoption of boating safety initiatives and messages both within the recreational marine industry and the boating consumer space.
“We couldn’t be more pleased about the overall composition and the depth of experience in our newly appointed council members,” said Sea Tow Foundation Executive Director Gail R. Kulp “We were very impressed by the quality of the nominations and the resulting expanded representation that embraces new segments of the marine industry including insurance, podcasting, personal watercraft and sailing.”
New inductees were voted in by the North American Sober Skipper Advisory Council and will serve a two-year term beginning June 1, 2020.
- Adam Fortier-Brown, Government Relations Manager, MRAA
- TK Krumenacker, CEO, Admirals Insurance Corp
- Tyler Mehrl, Category Manager/Steering and Controls, Mercury Marine
- Mark Pillsbury, Editor, Cruising World Magazine
- Angie Scott, Podcast Host, The Woman Angler & Adventurer
- Eric Shepard, Retired (30 years in the marine and aviation safety industries)
- Leslie Zlotnick, Advertising Manager, Yamaha Watercraft Group
For more information about the North American Sober Skipper Advisory Council, please visit: www.boatingsafety.com/nassac.
To learn more about the Sea Tow Foundation’s Sober Skipper Program, please visit soberskipper.com.