Engine Manufacturers Division (EMD)
EMD members range from the industry-recognized outboard engine manufacturers, to inboard diesel producers to new organizations building propane trolling motors. EMD members are vested in the success of the association’s effort to protect and grow recreational boating through public policy advocacy and industry-focused growth initiatives.
Some of the benefits you will enjoy as an NMMA Canada member are:
- Cost-savings, including 5–28% off NMMA consumer boat shows, Toronto International Boat Show and IBEX booth space rates.
- Access to NMMA’s comprehensive library of industry statistics including exclusive reports
- Exclusive access to resources such as export development and coaching, and B2B marketing and advertising opportunities available only with NMMA shows.
- Complimentary trade credentials
- Exclusive access to resources, such as the Human Resources University to assist with your HR needs.
- Learn more about the benefits of NMMA membership by visiting our member benefits page.
To join NMMA’s Engine Manufacturer Division (EMD) your business must manufacture marine propulsion engines. EMD applicants outside North America must have a certificate of authority from at least one province/state of Canada/United States showing it is legally authorized to conduct business in that province/state, thereby submitting to its jurisdiction. Without such proof, application for NMMA membership will not be considered by any manufacturing firm outside North America.
Engine Manufacturer Division (EMD) dues are based on the total North American marine sales for your company’s most recently completed fiscal year. Click here to view the EMD Dues Schedule or reference Section II on the NMMA Canada Membership Application.
EMD Membership is also contingent on paying the Discover Boating membership fee. This fee is based on the horsepower of loose engines sold by your company and is billed separately.
NMMA members support the Discover Boating Initiative through vision, leadership and financial contributions. The Discover Boating Engine Assessment is the primary funding tool.
These contributions help fund the Discover Boating campaign, which promotes the benefits of boating to the public and creates interest in the boating lifestyle. In 2015, more than 1 million consumers visited the Discover Boating website, resulting in 474,000 referrals delivered directly to member boat builder websites.